Your kind support makes a difference to Smile For ME. It is thanks to your fundraising we are able to send personalised gifts, which we call Smiles, to those affected by ME. Listed below are all the different ways you can raise funds for us.
Create a fundraising page
We are registered with Go Fund Me where you can set up a fundraising page. Click on the link and follow the instructions to create a page.
You can fundraise for us on Facebook by selecting Smile For ME as your chosen charity when creating a birthday fundraiser, a fundraiser for any occasion or by requesting donations on your posts.
You can fundraise for us on Instagram by selecting Smile For ME as your chosen charity when adding a fundraiser to your post or story with the donation sticker.
Fundraising kits of donation boxes and flyers are available on request. If you are interested please email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smile For ME collection boxes are available to place where appropriate. They are made from recycled plastic and are 21cm x 9cm.
Smile For ME A5 flyers are available on request.
Wristbands and clothing
Smile For ME t-shirts, hoodies and wristbands are available to buy on our website: smileforme.org.uk/supportus
We have been lucky enough to receive corporate fundraising in the past from the kindness of supporters through their work. Affinity Water have generously donated, Samsung have matched funds raised and Schroders Personal Wealth sponsored a whole month’s worth of Smiles. Do you or someone you know want to help support us?
Find out more: smileforme.org.uk/corporatefundraising
Get in touch: email@example.com
Sell through eBay for Charity and turn your items into a donation towards your chosen cause
- Look for “Donate a portion to charity” when you list your item, search for Smile For ME and confirm your chosen charity
- Select the percentage you would like to donate from 10% to 100%
- Sell and ship as usual
- After your item is sold and the buyer has paid, PayPal Giving Fund will send your donation to us and will provide you with a donation receipt
Support us on eBay through buying
- Go to Smile For ME’s eBay Charity profile
- At the bottom of the page “eBay sales for charity: Smile For ME” will list all the items currently available which are supporting Smile For ME
- Shop one of those items and we will receive the percentage of money the seller chose
Easy Fundraising turns your daily shopping into everyday magic. Shop online and at no extra cost to yourself a donation is made to your chosen cause.
For a mobile/tablet device
- Download Easy Fundraising app on your device and open it
- Click ‘Create Account’
- Search for ‘Smile For ME’ and click ‘Support This Cause’
- Follow the on-screen instructions creating an account to complete the sign up process
- Search for retailers through the app, shop online and we will receive a donation when you spend
- Go to Smile For ME’s Easy Fundraising page
- Click ‘support this cause’
- Create an account with Facebook or Email and enter your details
- Click ‘add the donation reminder’ to add the extension to your browser
- Shop online as normal. Donations are available through 7,000+ online brands and retailers. When you are on the website of your choosing if it is an eligible shop you will see a notification in the top right hand corner saying ‘Great news, up to __% free donation on this site’. Click ‘Activate donation’ and we will receive a donation when you spend
Blue Sunday, created by Anna Redshaw, is an annual fundraiser for all ME charities held in May on the Sunday closest to ME Awareness Day, 12th May. The Tea Party For ME is a day for the ME community and their friends, family and allies to come together to raise awareness of ME and money for ME charities whilst enjoying some cake and joining in with the camaraderie. Thank you Anna for kindly inviting Smile For ME to join in. Find out more: smileforme.org.uk/bluesunday
Some idea which others have done to support us
- Art, craft, jewellery sales or raffles
- Bake sales or baking competitions
- Sponsored events – swims, cycles, runs, skydives
- Fundraising events – quiz nights, bingo raffles, charity gigs
- School fundraisers – non uniform days, fete stalls
- Display our collection boxes to collect loose change
- Share your special events and ask for donations instead for Birthdays and Christmas
- Collecting donations in loving memory of a loved one