- We only use your personal data for the purpose for which you provide it
- We will only share data with external parties where it is necessary to provide the service and will always ask for your permission
- You can always get in touch to ask us what personal data we hold and to correct and update your data if anything changes
- You are in control of your data and you can request deletion at any time
- We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. We undertake regular reviews on how we capture and control your data to ensure that your information can only be accessed by Trustees of Smile For ME who have a genuine operational requirement to see that data
Who are we?
Smile For ME is a UK Charity for ME sufferers and their carers.
What is Smile For ME’s purpose?
Smile For ME’s charitable purpose is the relief of sickness and the preservation of health by relieving persons of any age suffering from ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Encephalopathy encompassing CFS, PVFS, CFIS, SEID) and their carers, primarily by the provision of gifts to boost morale and provide comfort to those affected, and by raising awareness and understanding of the condition.
Why do we hold and process personal data?
We hold and process personal data for a number of reasons:
- To fulfil contractual obligations entered into e.g. processing nominations, ensuring Smiles meet our criteria, and fulfilling online purchases
- To support fundraising
- To claim Gift Aid on donations
- To document our financial records to fulfil Charity obligations
When will we get in touch?
When you give us your personal details, for example when you complete a nomination form or make a purchase from our website, you may receive follow-up information from us directly relevant to this activity with Smile For ME. This might include the following circumstances:
- we need to inform you of the success or decline of your nomination
- we need to contact you regarding your nomination
- we need to provide information for a merchandise order
- we wish to acknowledge your support
- we would like permission to share photographs or comments
We will only contact you if you have agreed to be contacted and have provided appropriate contact information.
When do we share information with Third Party Organisations?
Smile For ME only shares information with a third-party organisation when it is necessary for the fulfilment of our transaction with you. This may include providing essential data to a third-party organisation which will be supplying part or all of a Smile directly to the nominee on our behalf.
We will never sell your data nor share it for any purpose that is not directly related to Smile For ME’s transaction with you.
How and when do we collect your personal information?
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, nomination, , purchase products, or when you communicate with us.
You may give us your personal information indirectly through third parties such as to aid transactions. In this instance we only use your personal information to fulfil required Charity purposes.
What information might Smile For ME collect about you?
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with Smile For ME.
How will we keep your data safe?
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. We undertake regular reviews on how we capture and control your data to ensure that your information is only accessible by authorised Trustees of Smile For ME who have a genuine operational requirement to see that data.
Can my data be deleted?
We will delete your data on request. Please let us know via email@example.com and we will process this for you confirming once this has been completed.