Smile For ME views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To ensure everyone at Smile For ME knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To ensure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To ensure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
Where complaints come from
Complaints may come from any individual or organisation, including the general public, which has a legitimate interest in Smile For ME if something is perceived to be improper.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, informing only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements. We are not able to respond to anonymous complaints. We do not deal with matters for which Smile For ME is not directly responsible unless it involves a safeguarding issue.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have any concerns about the behaviour or content produced by Smile For ME it is vital that you contact us so appropriate action can be taken. A complaint can be received by email via the contact details below.
How to contact us
You can email us at email@example.com
What we will do on receiving your complaint
- Complaints will be directed with high priority to an appropriate Trustee
- We will review and advise you how it will be handled
- If the complaint involves a member of the board of Trustees we will not divulge the name of the complainant during an investigation unless we are specifically given permission to do so
- We will take action to resolve the problem and inform you of the outcome
- We will take steps to avoid a repeat occurrence and consider the issue in our regular assessment of risks and mitigating actions we have in place
Complaint response times
You will receive an initial acknowledgement and/or response within 10 working days of receipt of your complaint and we expect to resolve most problems in that time. Where a more in-depth investigation is required, we aim to provide a full response within 20 working days. If there are exceptional circumstances, where that is not possible, we will advise you.
What if our response does not satisfy you?
If you are dissatisfied with Smile For ME complaints process, you can contact the Charity Commission, who will be able to advise on whether they may be able to assist www.charitycommission.gov.uk.
We treat all comments and complaints as an opportunity to improve. We are happy to acknowledge the mistakes that we have made, sincerely apologise for them and then endeavour to prevent them from happening again in the future. Thank you for helping us to provide a better service.