Hello and welcome to July’s newsletter. Hope you have had the best month possible.
This month we started getting back to sending our regular Smiles. We were so pleased to send 6 Smiles to those affected by ME. The items included in our Smiles change all the time as we personalise them with each person’s likes and interests. Some of the items included this month were mugs, blankets, puzzles, pamper products, flowers, fairy lights, candles, chocolates and a Playstation voucher.
We love hearing that your Smile has arrived safely and hopefully made you smile. Your kind messages mean a lot and we love seeing your pictures. Thank you to those who sent them to us.
You can support Smile For ME at no extra cost to you through AmazonSmile and Easy Fundraising when you shop online. We have already received £5.08 from AmazonSmile and £671.50 from Easy Fundraising thanks to your support.
For a mobile device
- Open the Amazon app on your device
- In the main menu tap ‘Settings’
- Then tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Go to https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1185760-0
- Elect ‘Smile For ME’ as your chosen charity. Smile For ME will then appear at the top of your screen near the Amazon Smile logo confirming you have selected us (You only need to select us once as it will be saved for future purchases)
- Shop like normal and we will receive 0.5% donation from your net purchase price on items that are eligible for AmazonSmile donation
- Remember in future you need to start at smile.amazon.co.uk instead of amazon.co.uk each time you shop in order for us to receive a donation. There is a browser extension called Smilematic which if you install will automatically redirect you from amazon.co.uk to smile.amazon.co.uk each time.
- Go to Smile For ME’s Easy Fundraising page
- Click ‘support this cause’
- Create an account with Facebook or Email and enter your details
- Click ‘add the donation reminder’ to add the extension to your browser
- Shop online as normal. Donations are available through 3,800+ online brands and retailers. When you are on the website of your choosing if it is an eligible shop you will see a notification in the top right hand corner saying ‘Great news, up to __% free donation on this site’ Click ‘Activate donation’ and we will receive a donation when you spend
Work for Good
Smile For ME is now registered with Work for Good. Work for Good helps small businesses donate to charity through their sales. Donating to charity as a business can be challenging due to the legal requirements, however Work for Good automates this process making it accessible for any size business to donate within minutes. If you have a business and would like to support Smile For ME check out Work for Good here.
Smile of the month
Each month we ask on social media what has made you smile this month? We love hearing the responses and hope by sharing some of your smiles it can help others to find a smile too.
What made you smile this month?
Thank you to those who have donated and supported us this month. Your kindness enables us to continue to send Smiles so it means such a lot.
A big thank you and Happy Birthday to Karen. To celebrate her birthday Karen kindly chose to support us through Facebook fundraising. Thank you for raising an amazing £238.
A huge thank you to ‘In her name Lucie‘ and the Forrest family. The in her name Lucie fundraiser started on Christmas Day 2017 when Lucie received a book from her family and friends filled with what they would be doing in Lucie’s name to raise money for ME. Over the past couple of years lots of different activities and events have taken place raising an incredible amount of money for us. Thank you to Alison Morris and Jenny from Present Felts who recently made face masks tipping the total to over £1000 on the latest In her name Lucie fundraising page. Everyone involved is amazing and we can’t thank you enough for the difference you have made to Smile For ME.
A goodbye and a welcome
We would like to say a special thank you and goodbye to Janine who has been a Trustee and Treasurer for Smile For ME since the beginning. Thank you for all you have done for Smile For ME, it is much appreciated. We wish you well for the future.
We also want to give a warm welcome to Wendy who has joined Smile For ME as a Trustee and has taken over the role as Treasurer. We look forward to working with you.