Hello and welcome to a new year of monthly newsletters. We hope you enjoy reading them and finding out how your kind support makes Smile For ME what it is.
12 Smiles were sent to both ME sufferers and carers of all ages this month. They are all chosen and personalised to fit each person’s likes and interests. Some of the items sent this month included cupcake lego set, himalayan salt fairy lights, room spray, 365 days art creative book, colouring pencils and pens, watercolours and oil paints, hedgehog stress ball, candles, hot chocolate, sweets, chocolates, blankets, socks, eye mask and ear plugs.
Naomi’s card fundraising project
This year Naomi is kindly supporting two ME charities, one being Smile For ME, by selling her handmade cards. Check out her Instagram @NaomisCraftCorner to support.
We have been lucky enough to receive corporate fundraising in the past from the kindness of supporters through their work. Affinity Water have generously donated, Samsung have matched funds raised and Schroders Personal Wealth sponsored a whole month’s worth of Smiles. Do you or someone you know want to help support us? Get in touch email@example.com. Find out more: www.smileforme.org.uk/corporatefundraising
For the last couple of years we have been registered with AmazonSmile. Thanks to those who selected Smile For ME as their charity to support when they shopped, Amazon have donated £782.22 to us so far at no extra cost. Unfortunately Amazon have announced they are ending AmazonSmile on the 20th February 2023 so you only have a couple more weeks left to shop and raise money for Smile For ME.
After the 20th February 2023 you can still raise money for us with Amazon through Easy Fundraising. Easy Fundraising also has over 7,400 brands who will donate part of what you spend to a cause of your choice at no extra cost to you.
Sign up to Easy Fundraising and support Smile For ME.
For a mobile/tablet device
- Download Easy Fundraising app on your device and open it
- Click ‘Create Account’
- Search for ‘Smile For ME’ and click ‘Support This Cause’
- Follow the on-screen instructions creating an account to complete the sign up process
- Search for retailers through the app, shop online and we will receive a donation when you spend
- Go to Smile For ME’s Easy Fundraising page
- Click ‘support this cause’
- Create an account with Facebook or Email and enter your details
- Click ‘add the donation reminder’ to add the extension to your browser
- Shop online as normal. Donations are available through 3,800+ online brands and retailers. When you are on the website of your choosing if it is an eligible shop you will see a notification in the top right hand corner saying ‘Great news, up to __% free donation on this site’ Click ‘Activate donation’ and we will receive a donation when you spend
14th May 2023, a date for your diary. Blue Sunday, The Tea Party For ME annual fundraiser founded by Anna.
Smile of the month
What’s made you smile this month? Each month we ask this question on social media and we love hearing the responses. We hope by sharing some of your smiles it can help others to find a smile too.
A big thank you to everyone who has supported us and donated this month. We are so grateful for the kindness and generosity you show us. It means such a lot because it enables us to continue sending Smiles to those affected by ME.